At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Corporate Industrial Hygiene Specialist for the Corporate Safety and Industrial Hygiene located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Corporate Industrial Hygiene Specialist will be a highly motivated, detail orientated and independent individual responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise for assessing and managing human exposure risks across 3M. Develop, implement and refine human exposure assessment and management programs, methods and strategies. Performs audits, analyzes data, and systems. Proactively supports development of professional competency for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) professionals.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to assigned manufacturing sites, businesses and countries for comprehensive exposure assessment and management program implementation.
- Apply scientific, exposure risk management, and engineering principles to drive EHS risk reduction efforts and compliance activities.
- Participate and lead EHS audits, audit program management or self-assessment standard development
- Coach and mentor EHS contacts, engineers and supervision leading or supporting industrial hygiene improvement projects, program development and related activities
- Support product exposure assessments for assigned divisions / countries and industrial hygiene elements of life cycle management and sustainability programs.
- Influence or lead corporate and facility systems and processes to proactively address human exposure issues and reduce overall EHS footprint
- Identifies needs and supports chemical agent sampling and analytical method implementation and development including real time detection systems, exposure limit and hazard band development.
- Apply scientific, occupational hygiene regulatory and risk management skills across multiple countries and regions, product evaluation, exposure modeling and retrospective exposure reconstruction projects
- Promotes engineering control concepts and design for reducing exposure risks using practical implementation perspective and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety auditing environment (private, public, government or military)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist® (CIH®) by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene®(ABIH®) or Certified Safety Professional® (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Master’s degree or higher Industrial Hygiene, Safety or EHS related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in the design and implementation of comprehensive risk assessment strategies, tools and systems
- Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Regulatory and/or Legal experience related to risk assessment and compliance (private, public, government or military)
- Strong project management skills and ability to set objectives and deliver results
- Strong computer and database skills
- Experience in development of auditing protocols, tools and systems
- Experience with a wide range of exposure risk assessment sampling methods and relevant analytical methods including real time instrumentation
- Engineering control design and implementation experience
- Able to lead, influence and inspire others
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient, statistical analysis tools a plus
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 35% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.