Environmental, Health and Safety (Irving, TX) - 2018-11699
With more than $800 Million in annual sales, 1,200 employees and 34 distribution centers, PrimeSource Building Products is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added in the distribution chain. One of the largest US building supply sellers, PrimeSource Building Products provides professional builders with the tools they need to complete almost any project. The company is a wholesaler and distributor that offers goods through more than 34 distribution centers in the US and Canada. Customers include lumberyards, home improvement centers, building supply dealers, industrial customers, and others in the residential, new construction, and remodeling industries. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and lated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, siding, insulation, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. In 2015 Japan's ITOCHU sold PrimeSource to Platinum Equity, and a new President joined the company in April 2018. For more information, please visit www.primesourcebp.com, , and .
The incumbent in this role will plan, direct, and implement our Journey to Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence and report directly to the EVP of Operations. This is a high profile role within the organization that has considerable impact to our business performance, our culture and our employee's well-being. You will be responsible for supporting our corporate office in Irving TX along with our 34 distribution centers in 27 states. This includes developing our PrimeSource top level EHS Journey Roadmap to achieve world class EHS performance and a zero incident mindset as a cornerstone in our culture. He or she will also monitor safety and health regulations specific to our business and providing support to distribution leaders to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations. You will also present to Senior Leadership and provide updates on our Safety Programs, Employee Engagement, Federal and State compliance, and Risk mitigation.
This role requires more than 50% travel to the various locations, as needed. Currently there are no direct reports to this role but does have considerable influence across the organization.
We will not provide relocation for this position and must be commutable to the Irving, TX quarters
Primary responsibilities of this position include the following. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Works closely with Distribution Operations, Human Resources, Legal, and Risk Management.
- Responsible for creating our PrimeSource Building Products top level EHS Journey Roadmap to achieve the cultural and behavioral improvements needed for a ZERO incident mindset across the organization.
- Train and Mentor managers, supervisors and associates across the organization to realize our EHS goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of our PrimeSource "Cardinal Rules" for EHS Excellence.
- Develops and Implements a standard process for accident investigation, root cause counter measures and permanent corrective actions.
- Leads the corporate Executive Safety Committee.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Assists in the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier, to reduce identified work place hazards and employee lost time.
- Provides clear concise monthly reporting package of organizational EHS performance.
- Provides safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Provides technical support and guidance regarding Environmental Administration (EPA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
Ideal candidate will participate in ASSE and hold either an ASP or CSP certification.