Are you a seasoned EH&S professional with experience in chemical manufacturing? Does the thought of working for a stable and growing 60 year-old Life Sciences company intrigue you? Are you looking for upward mobility where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Then we have the role for you! Bio Rad Laboratories is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety professional for the Richmond, CA manufacturing plant. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/2pRyLe3 to upload your resume and build your profile. For questions, please contact Donald Richardson at 510-741-4215 or Donald_richardson@bio-rad.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist III will manage and support environmental, occupational health, and safety programs for the 3110 Regatta manufacturing facility to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations with direct oversight by the Corporate EHS team. In addition, the EHS Specialist III will provide specialized technical expertise in assigned areas including, Occupational Safety, Hazardous Materials Management, Air Quality Compliance, Industrial Waste Water Management, and Storm Water Pollution Prevention.
What you'll be doing:
- Manages EHS compliance at site location and drive culture change.
- Manages other assigned EHS related programs.
- Support development and roll out of Safe Work Permits, Hot Work Permits, LOTO, CSE programs, etc.
- Support development and roll out of selected elements of OSHA PSM.
- Supports development and roll out of compliance training (PIT, Storm water, HazCom, TSCA, etc.)
- Identifies new training needs and helps develop new EHS training programs as necessary.
- Works with Corp EHS and Site management to create new Standard Operating Procedures related to environmental or safety management.
- Holds primary responsibility for regulatory compliance of all environmental programs including Air, Waste Water, Groundwater, Hazardous Waste, Chemical Storage, etc.
- Leads regulatory submission efforts with the BAAQMD for new sources and new environmental requirements.
- Defines appropriate safety equipment and systems that could result in capital expenditures.
- Utilizes established systems and practices to determine and develop approaches to problems of moderate to high complexity, based on analysis of situation or data.
- Assists in the execution of the comprehensive EHS inspection program and tracks corrective action items to completion.
- Communicates cross-functionally: providing resources and information to R&D, materials management, maintenance and manufacturing personnel to identify regulatory requirements at early stage of process development.
- Supports and/or facilitates Root Cause Investigations (RCI) and action item follow up.
- Leads efforts in managing the Safety Committee at the site location.
- Coordinates the information needed to complete Tier II, Sec 312, Form R, Sec 313, Large Hazardous Waste Generation, Air Emissions Title V, Waste Water Permits and any future Government mandated reports are filed in a timely manner.
What we would prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, including EHS, ergonomics, biology, chemistry, or engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses knowledge of CalOSHA, EPA and other CA specific regulatory requirements.
- Experience with completing and submitting EHS-related reports and permit requests to appropriate regulatory agencies including Bay ARea Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), Dept of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC), County Hazardous Materials Management program, City Regulatory Authorities.
- Must possess proficient working knowledge and understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other standard MS Office Tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage time and work on projects of moderate complexity.
- Technical and practical knowledge of manufacturing and/or research and development is highly recommended, or a willingness to quickly become proficient is required.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.