Company located northeast of Raleigh, NC
Responsible for ensuring a safe, compliant and knowledgeable workforce at the Spring Hope Plant. Plays a critical role in driving initiatives for the Plant by implementing ESH improvements and sustaining positive ESH standards.
I. SAFETY & HEALTH: Develop, implement, maintain & evaluate a comprehensive and proactive safety & health program (including individual written programs/procedures); ensure compliance with OSHA, corporate regulations/policies & other requirements; develop, deliver & document annual (and as needed) plant-wide training (including management); lead OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 planning, implementation & management.
II. ENVIRONMENTAL: Develop, implement, maintain & evaluate a comprehensive and proactive environmental management program (including individual written programs/procedures); ensure compliance with EPA, corporate regulations/policies & other requirements; develop, deliver & document annual (and as needed) plant-wide training (including management); lead ISO 14001 management.
III. LEADERSHIP: Plan, train, lead, engage & motivate the Plant Safety Committee; audit ESH programs to ensure compliance & effectiveness; participate as a member of the Plant Operating Committee (POC); support the management team in achievement of overall plant targets & communicate clearly with all coworkers.
IV. ADMINISTRATIVE: Develop & maintain mandatory ESH records (OSHA log, SDSs, permits, waste programs); report ESH performance to POC; may be responsible for other management systems’ implementation & management.
V. SAFETY: Adhere to all Plant safety, quality and environmental requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or other related studies preferred
• Minimum of 5 years ESH experience required
• Minimum of 5 years OSHA and environmental compliance experience required
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Minimum of 2 years implementation/management experience of management systems (ISO, OHSAS, etc.) preferred
• Intermediate computer experience (SAP, Microsoft Office) (advanced preferred)
• Excellent written, presentation & verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Adhere to all company policies, leading by example
• A strong sense of urgency, unquestioned ethics, and the ability to hold others accountable while maintaining good working relationships
• Experience or the equivalent desire to learn and promote CBS (Continuous improvement, Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing) resulting in process improvements to meet or exceed objectives for safety, quality, cost, & delivery
• Self-directed and detail-oriented
• Act in a professional manner at all times
• Make good business decisions daily based on facts and data
• Ability to work with and appropriately maintain confidential information
• Experience with plant ESH systems and requirements
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability