Canadian Business Health Management Inc. (CBHM - www.yoursafetyexperts.com ) has been working with companies in Ontario since 1997. Our core business focuses on consulting and training, in accordance to WSIB, MOL, CSA standards and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. CBHM has CPO and WSIB approved training programs.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Part time- 24-40 hours per week. Full Time position may be considered. Some weekend and evening work maybe required based upon client logistics.
The candidate is accountable to provide sound advice and guidance to our clients in health and safety matters, including legislative requirements, best practices, compliance solutions and system/program development. You are skilled at implementing training programs that engage participants.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, has excellent communication skills and above average consulting skills. You are completely comfortable with clients ranging from front line workers, youth (high school students) to executives and are able to develop strong service relationships. Your dynamic training style is able to bring participant engagement and motivation.
- Thorough knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations and policies
- Experience providing industrial training programs in the areas of Lifting devices, Aerial Lift, Overhead Crane, Working at Heights, JHSC certification to name a few
- Experience in industrial safety and previous experience with delivery of educational training to adult learners
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-directed, works well as a team player
- Must have a sound working knowledge of personal computers and computerized applications, computer required
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related consulting /training work experience
- Experience in dealing with MOL and government bodies
- Candidate must have designation as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional and/or OH& Safety certification (CRSP is preferred and / or working towards this designation)
- Current health and safety training experience is required
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
WORK LOCATION: Greater Toronto Area including Orillia, Barrie and surrounding areas. More extensive travel in Ontario may be required
COMPENSATION: Competitive rate based on experience
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please submit your resumes along with a detailed cover letter of your consulting / training experience.