At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an Industrial Hygienist for the Materials Resource Division (MRD) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Industrial Hygienist will provide overall coordination and support for industrial hygiene activities within the Materials Resource Division. This position requires leading global teams to drive continuous improvement activities in industrial hygiene and ergonomics, coaching of MRD plant industrial hygienists, representing the division on corporate teams and initiatives, auditing, consulting and providing hands on support in the manufacturing plants.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop broad and extensive knowledge of 3M EHS systems, programs and activities and how they relate to our business.
- Develop and lead division industrial hygiene and ergonomic programs consisting of such components such as hearing conservation, ventilation management, exposure assessments, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
- Coordinate activities and improvement efforts for the industrial hygiene elements of the Global Safety and Health Plan.
- Create and maintain division level operating procedures and any associated training in the areas of industrial hygiene and ergonomics.
- Lead and participate on exposure health and safety audits and/or self-assessments.
- Provide on-site and remote EHS support and guidance as needed to the facilities.
- Coordinate the industrial hygiene network across the division.
- Provide coaching to facility industrial hygienists as needed.
- Provide industrial hygiene assessments of new materials being introduced into the division laboratories and factories.
- Influence product development processes to address industrial hygiene issues before products are scaled up to manufacturing.
- Partner with the 3M engineering and industrial hygiene organizations on relevant programs and projects.
- Monitor regulatory trends and activities related to industrial hygiene that could have an impact on our facilities or operations.
- Provide input for the annual EHS planning cycle related to industrial hygiene and ergonomics.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment with an emphasis on industrial hygiene
- Master's degree with emphasis in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or related EHS field from an accredited university
- Certified Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene or willingness to obtain
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience with a wide range of exposure assessment sampling methods and relevant analytical methods including real time instrumentation
- Experience with designing and implementing engineering controls
- Strong project management skills and ability to set objectives and deliver results.
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire others
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.