Manager, Safety (Samuel Ginn College of Engineering)
Department: Engineering Admin
The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering is seeking candidates for a Safety Manager. The position will manage the development, implementation, and management of safety and health programs for the College of Engineering.
Essential Functions to include but not limited to:
- Develops, implements, and manages in-house occupational safety and health programs.
- Reviews in-house work practices and procedures ensuring programs are in compliance with applicable safety and health guidelines and are completed in a safe manner.
- Develops, implements, and manages contracted services safety programs by ensuring policies, procedures, specifications, and processes are followed.
- Conducts on-site safety audits in concert with the Office of Risk Management and Safety to ensure compliance with safety requirements, including contractor compliance.
- Tracks safety-related statistics regarding both in-house department and centers performance and on contracts and works with department and centers administrators to correct deficiencies and to provide recommendations to improve trends.
- Develops, manages and facilitates required safety training and certification programs, by center or department.
- Develops tracking processes and procedures to identify required training; documents training received and expiration of training; identifies safety training deficiencies, and sets up and arranges safety training classes.
- May be responsible for investigating root cause of accidents or injuries and prepares reports with finding and corrective actions.
- Leads department and center safety governance organizations and committees.
- Provides guidance and advises department and center administrators on all safety issues.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Safety, Health and Safety, Industrial Safety, Business or a degree in a relevant field. Plus, six (6) years' experience implementing and/or managing workplace safety programs. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is required. Must have a valid driver's license.
Must have knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, thorough knowledge of federal and state health and safety regulations and reporting procedures.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: cover letter, resume, and references. Only complete applications will be considered.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
Requisition No.: 27567
Close Date: 04-20-2018
Refer to the above Requisition # and apply on-line at:
on any computer with Internet access. If you need any assistance, contact Auburn University's Department of Human Resources at (334) 844-4145 or your local state employment service distribution system office. Internet Access is also available through your public library.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xfy2nfy9k8pkm7dh