Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
The position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the accident prevention program and the corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for the Everett, Washington area operations of our heavy civil construction company. This is an opportunity to join a great team, great company where Safety is a core value!
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Promote compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of safety related programs to meet or exceed company safety standards.
3. Perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses.
4. Assist in the preparation and performance of safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
5. Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
6. Assist in the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion.
7. Assist in the investigation, preparation and maintenance of records of all third party, asset loss, and worker’s compensation claims to make certain that Company interests are preserved.
8. Assist in the follow up with the corporate insurance department as regards claims, to ensure that the appropriate information is collected and that claims will be resolved in a timely manner.
9. Ability to consistently act with integrity and credibility, by abiding by and enforcing Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field, preferred or,
Minimum one (1) year experience in construction related safety environment required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge of Fall Protection Standards, MUTCD standards and DOT regulations.
Knowledge of Construction safety orders.
Working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA and other state and federal agency guidelines.
Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.