This position will support the execution of Safety programs and ensure compliance with programs required by the company and all regulatory agencies. Coordinates and implements safety, injury and illness prevention programs, conducts related training, investigates accidents and identifies possible causes, recommends corrective action, and provides effective safety compliance support to management. This role requires a strong presence at all our field operations.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Coordination and administration of company safety programs to include, but not limited to, the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Emergency Action Plan & Evacuation Procedures, Hazard Communication, Tractor Safety, Forklift Safety, and Accident & Injury Response and Procedures.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Develop, conduct and facilitate safety training and demonstrate the use of safety equipment and machinery.
- Collaborate with management, maintenance, facilities and respective departments to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Provide support and lead role with environmental plans and ensure compliance with programs required by the Company and any other county, state and federal regulatory programs, including but not limited to the Risk Management Plan(RMP) and Process Safety Management(PSM).
- Investigate accidents, identify root causes, determine corrective and/or preventative action and ensure all described actions are completed.
- Provide on-boarding safety orientations and develop/prepare respective materials.
- Assist with Post Injury Management and Return-to-Work interactive process with injured employee(s), supervisor and Workers’ Compensation Manager.
- Lead periodic site inspections, annual safety compliance audit, and assist with governmental inspections and/or third-party audits.
- Serve as a resource for Safety, Workers’ Compensation and Employee Relations policies with managers and employees.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports the Company’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Human Resources, or related field preferred but not required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is highly desired.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience related in safety, workers’ compensation and human resources. Strong knowledge of current OSHA regulations, IIPP and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of film and television production.
- Able to work Monday through Saturday; including Sundays and holidays as required.
- Travel will be required.