RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 294 stream miles and 58,000 wetland acres and conserved and preserved 9,100 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 14,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 250 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a of balance economic development and ecological sustainability.
RES is seeking a full-time, on-site safety professional with a minimum ten years of experience in managing safety programs on large construction projects. This person will monitor efforts of Safety Engineers assigned to the project and perform administrative duties assigned in the Construction Safety Manual, RES EHS&S Plan and the applicableOCIP Insurance Manual.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Conduct environmental health, safety and security audits/inspections and track deficiencies to closure.
- Monitor the efforts of Safety Engineers assigned to the project and perform administrative duties assigned in the Construction Safety Manual and the applicable OCIP Insurance Manual.
- Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
- Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement overall project specific safety programs.
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel including subcontractors.
- The requirements contained herein are in addition to any other requirements contained in the contract documents and required by RES’ EHS&S Programs.
- Ensure presence at all times while RES work is being completed on site.
- Undergraduate degree in safety and health or related discipline
- Minimum ten years of experience in managing safety programs on large construction projects
- Certified Safety Professional or WSO-CSM preferred
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety.
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certification
- OSHA 30 Hour for Construction