Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Safety Specialist develops, implements, and monitors successful Safety and Occupational Health (S&H) systems in Refinery Operating areas. This position is located at our Alliance Refinery in Belle Chasse, LA.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drive continuous improvement in refining operating area Safety & Health processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Business Teams and HSE workgroups as a Safety and Health professional.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the Refinery HSE Structure.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Safe Practice Procedures and HSE Management Systems.
- Assist with continuous improvement of Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Consult on Safety & Health issues, standards, regulations, compliance, or work practices.
- Plan all safety activities and resources necessary for effective and safe Turnarounds.
- Develop strategies to address Safety & Health gaps and to improve Safety & Health performance.
- Actively build trust and relationships while acting as a visible safety presence in the field.
- Coordinate safety audits to anticipate problems and recommend solutions for corrective actions. This includes the development of new audit programs. Track auditing program results.
- Facilitate incident investigation. Provide expertise for root cause analysis and appropriate action plan follow-up.
- Ensure systems are in place to manage safety action items resulting from incidents, audits, etc.
- Review daily work permits for significant activities such as hot work and confined space entry.
- Provide guidance and consultation to improve the overall work permit process, and safe execution of work.
- Ensure Business Teams are prepared for emergency situations.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in ER drills, exercises, or actual emergencies.
- Align with other Refinery Safety Specialists to achieve consistent application of Safety & Health procedures across the refinery.
- Creates a free flow of information while providing clear, accurate and balanced feedback in a caring, coaching fashion.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Bachelors of Science degree in a safety-related field
- Subject Matter Expert on OSHA, NFPA, DOT, Standards & Compliance Issues
- 5 or more years refining, petrochemical or industrial experience
- With or without reasonable accommodations:
- Willing and able to work in enclosed spaces, such as tanks and silos
- Willing and able to work near large, hot, high-speed machines
- Willing and able to work near products that are under high pressure and heat
- Willing and able to work around chemicals, including acids and bases
- Willing and able to wear fire-retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- Willing and able to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
- Willing and able to work with petroleum products that are under high pressure and heat
- Willing and able to climb up to 200 feet in height
- 10 or more years of refining, petrochemical or industrial experience
- Familiarity with environmental regulations
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Knowledge and experience with emergency response strategies and tactics
- Investigative/Root Cause Analysis skills/experience
- Communication, planning, facilitation
- Computer and presentation skills
- Technical refinery process knowledge
- Translates working knowledge into clear and specific strategies
- Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
- Oriented towards continuous learning
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
The Alliance Refinery is located 20 miles south of New Orleans on Highway 23. The refinery was built in 1971 and is one of the last world-scale grassroots refineries built in the United States. The facility is specifically designed and constructed for highly efficient operations that refine crude oil into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of July 22, 2018.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities