3M is seeking a Safety Specialist for Corporate Safety and Industrial Hygiene located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Safety Specialist will apply their energy and expertise to improving personnel safety at 3M operations around the world.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide expert personnel safety consulting services to 3M
- Analyze safety data, report data trends and identify improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement plans for correction of deficiencies in personnel safety programs or performance capabilities
- Develop and implement innovative strategies, systems, and tools having major importance for life safety technology and risk assessment at 3M
- Train, coach and mentor others involved in personnel safety improvement activities
- Lead or participate on safety audits and/or self-assessments
- Lead or participate on teams to investigate serious safety incidents
- Lead or participate on teams to improve safety-related engineering standards
- Actively apply engineering/scientific knowledge to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulatory interpretation within and outside assigned organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Engineering or Science from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing risk assessments in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of safety experience with life safety emphasis in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Safety and/or a Master’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited university
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Strong project management skills with ability to set objectives and deliver results
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire others
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 30% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.