Senior HSE Leader needed in New York City office.
- Provides extraordinary support to client as lead resource in overseeing effective health and safety management of their construction projects.
- Liaises with local agencies, contractors and clients to collaborate on management of health and safety throughout the program.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors to advise them of safety requirements, program trends and risks that may affect the safe execution of projects.
- Ensures effective pre-mobilization planning by evaluating various project specific documents as well as participating in required meetings.
- Conducts safety inspections/assessments of activities to ensure compliance with applicable safety and health requirements including contractual commitments, regulatory requirements, permits, codes and HSE policies.
- Supervises field inspectors to facilitate oversight of risk control and compliance.
- Provides positive leadership and mentorship to subordinates, project management and contractor personnel in the field of construction HSE regulations and industry best practices.
- Oversees incident investigations, evaluates root causes and ensures implementation of effective corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains an effective collaborative network for ongoing and shared learning for the program.
- Conducts some internal training for OSHA 10 or 30 hour.
- Broad knowledge of laws, regulations and practices in areas of HSE.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to positively coach and support all stakeholders' efforts for continual reduction of risk in the work environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, regulatory agency processes, industry standards, building codes and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Experience in nurturing a proactive, positive environment with subcontractors.
- Degree in Health, Safety and Environmental or Construction preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in field HSE gained while working in the construction industry.
- Industry and professional certifications within the HSE field.
- D.O.B. Site Safety Coordinator Certification or meets minimum criteria to obtain.
- Qualified OSHA Outreach Trainer.
- NYFD Fire Safety Manager license, or meets minimum criteria to obtain.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.