Senior Safety & PSM Coordinator
Location: Marysville , Michigan
RELOCATION WILL BE AVAILABLE.
About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
The Sr. Safety and PSM Coordinator is an experienced personal and process safety professional with proven capability of working in union and non-union represented facilities. This position will be located at the Marysville, MI Storage Facility and will support 6 other terminals in the North East US. This position reports to the NGL Safety and PSM Manager in Houston, TX. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and manage a variety of issues that will require good public speaking, writing and computer skills. Travel should be approximately 30%.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Works with site leadership to enhance safety culture.
- Participates regularly with operations and maintenance teams providing jobsite safety input.
- Possesses deep understanding of state and federal PSM/RMP regulations, as well as, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and relevant OSHA interpretations.
- Collaborates with Operations, the Safety & PSM team, and other support groups to implement and maintain personal and process safety policies, programs and procedures within the assigned assets including, PHA, MOC, PSSR, Facility work, lockout-tagout, confined space entry, and other safe work practices.
- Leads incident investigations as needed, ensuring root causes are identified.
- Evaluates adequacy and closure of corrective action items related to incident investigations, audits, PHA recommendations, MOC action plans, agency inspections, etc.
- Coordinates/conducts required health, safety and PSM training.
- Manages the industrial hygiene program for assigned assets.
- Provides technical support during asset Safety/PSM audits and serves as an audit team member on division and corporate audits.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Safety or similar technical degree with a minimum of seven years industrial health, safety and PSMRMP experience in the oil and gas industry required.
- Certifications such as CSP, OHST, PE, etc. are preferred.
- Safety experience working in union and non-union represented facilities required.
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Safety or similar technical degree with a minimum of seven years industrial health, safety and PSMRMP experience in the oil and gas industry required.
It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.