Field Safety Supervisor
Under the direction of the Regional Field Safety Manager, the Field Safety Supervisor will be responsible for providing support and safety oversight to regional Roofing and Weatherproofing Technologies field employees (including but not limited to Sales, Roofing Advisors, CSS, Field Resource Representatives and leadership), ensuring site compliance with corporate and client safety standards, as well as ensuring site safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations. This position will provide supervision and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of job sites.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to projects by maintaining a visible presence and conducting site visits to perform safety audits and safety process audits (e.g. safety document evaluation/compliance)
- Enforce all Federal, State, local, owner and Tremco regulations throughout all Roofing regional projects.
- Assist site leadership to develop site specific safety programs aligned with Tremco Roofing Safety policies and instruct supervisors on safety procedures, planning and equipment.
- Assist Regional Field Safety Manager with rolling out new safety initiatives and briefing employees as needed on new policies, or changes in existing policies, to keep current (e.g. Daily Task Planning, 100% audit compliance, safety training programs)
- Educate the workforce and regional leadership on understanding Tremco's safety cultural advancements, such as safety leadership and safety management systems.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of Tremco Health and Safety programs in the field, to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Participate with and/or conduct Toolbox Talk Meetings with Regional team employees.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to Field Leadership
- Effectively represent our Tremco safety culture with our sub-contractors and help Tremco site leadership to ensure complete compliance of our subcontractors to applicable rules and regulations (Federal, State, local, owner, Tremco and their own).
- Act as a subject matter resource for workers within the field in producing a documented assessment of safe working processes, risk potentials and solutions/corrective measures.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure safety practices and policies are being adhered to effectively.
- As a ect report to, regularly communicate safety audit results and/or field safety concerns (e.g. Stop Work Authority) with Regional Field Safety Manager and prepare observation reports as needed.
- Develop Site-Specific Safety and Health Plans for jobsites to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the Site-Specific Safety and Health Plans for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately per the Tremco Incident Notification Policy.
- Participate and assist all field leadership in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed.
- Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Nationally Recognized Safety Certification or Designation is a mandatory requirement.
- Minimum 5 years Health and Safety field experience that includes strong skills in incident investigation
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- Experience in the building maintenance and/or roofing industries strongly preferred
- Work remotely with the ability to travel 75% or greater
Must have excellent skill and/or abilities in the following areas:
- Leadership, conflict resolution, and problem-solving
- Verbal and written communications
- Interpersonal skills with all levels of staff
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions with ability to diffuse situations
- Situation analysis
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Organized approach to work including excellent follow up on issues
- Multitasking in fast paced environment with good prioritization skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, or, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.