Summit Environmental is actively seeking a Senior Manager for our Health & Safety operations for employment in our Evansville, IN office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Development a specify Health & Safety plan and standard of procedure for demolition, dismantle & decontamination activities
· Develop all safety Risk Hazard Matrix, Job safe analysis, etc.
· Oversight the H&S standards of subcontractor & compliance
· Perform worksite audits, inspections and evaluations on all company operations. Managing the external compliance auditors
· Perform monitoring for potential health hazards in the workplace including (field and office): Chemical, Particulate, Noise, Heat Stress, Ergonomic, air monitoring, etc.
· Performed accident/incident investigation to help determine causes and corrective actions as needed
· Assist in authoring and classifying Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in all business lines of the company
· Excellent knowledge of OSHA 14001 and 18001
· Perform program reviews of current policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the most current regulatory and consensus standards
· Conduct safety surveillance of operations to ensure compliance to requirements and procedures
· Assist in safety related training courses. This may be preparation of web based training, or instructor led training
· Position 50% field & 50% office work (as you learn Summit)
· High School Diploma
· 10+ years of experience working in the Health & Safety area
· Previous experience at Oversight Demolition, Dismantles & Decontamination Projects or similar
· Associate and/ or Bachelor's degree in the H&S arena
· 15+ years of experience working in the Health & Safety area
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender entity, disability or protected veteran status.